Beijing-Based online Luxury Magazine looking for Full-time Wordpress Developer
at Jing Daily in China: Beijing
Jing is hiring!
We’re revamping and relaunching our network of WordPress sites focused on the China luxury market, and we’re in need of a highly skilled full-time WordPress developer to oversee the creation and maintenance of our projects. The developer we’re looking for will be responsible for the back-end development of several sites, plus ongoing improvements and feature launches.
- Around 5-7 years of experience building WordPress websites
- Deep understanding of WordPress customization, including Custom Post Types, custom admin panels, etc.
- A solid portfolio of WordPress development work, with references.
- WooCommerce knowledge and experience in custom plugin development a plus
- A friendly, laid-back, user-centered attitude
You’ll be responsible for:
- Turning HTML produced by our front-end team into working WordPress sites and plugins
- Continual site improvements and feature upgrades
- Keeping plugins across multiple sites up-to-date and running smoothly
- Maintaining code cleanliness
- Maintaining backups of all sites
- Liaising with hosting companies as necessary
- Maintaining orderly, secure lists of credentials
About Jing Daily:
Launched in 2009, Jing Daily is the leading authority for daily news and analysis on luxury consumer trends in the China market.
Brands, marketers, entrepreneurs, and individuals seeking to understand the complex and rapidly evolving Chinese consumer market look to Jing Daily for fresh and accurate insights.
Jing Daily’s core team is bilingual, bicultural, and headquartered in Manhattan, a top destination for luxury consumers. In addition, we call on a global network of regular contributors based in major cities in China and luxury capitals around the world.
Jing Daily is regularly quoted as a trusted industry voice on The New York Times, International Herald Tribune, Washington Post, BBC, CNN, Financial Times, The Independent (UK), The Atlantic, Harper’s Bazaar, Forbes, Business of Fashion, Quartz, Skift, The Gloss, and Luxury Society.