Writing Internship at Oursky
at Oursky (Anywhere)
We are looking for an intern / part-time to join our writing team.
You don’t need to know how to code, but you do need to love web / mobile products and tech. Check TechCrunch, Smashing Magazine, ProductHunt, Behance if you don’t already read them. Please also share with us the platforms that you like when you apply!
Why we want you:
We care about quality at Oursky and we believe that only happens with long-term commitments. We’re looking for people who are passionate, eager to learn, rigorous about quality, hold themselves accountable, and are transparent. Oursky recruits university students annually into our teams.
What you will do:
- Write content for our blog.oursky.com (http://blog.oursky.com/) blog focusing on web /mobile design tools, lead generation, project management (blog posts between 500-1000 words)
- Optimise your pieces for SEO and readability
- Prove yourself and start writing guest blogs on platforms such as Tech in Asia (https://www.techinasia.com/)
- Learn (and contribute to) content marketing strategy (including marketing campaigns, viral promotion)
- Experiment with growing organic / referral / social media traffic Oursky’s blog and/or Skygear.io
- Learn about growth metrics and tracking to evaluate effectiveness topics & ways to improve
- Learn about Oursky’s work culture and share it. :-)
- Have fun and play with the cats!
You should apply if you:
- Love *good *writing enough to hack, edit, and totally rewrite (once in a while)
- Love to learn & develop new skills
- Love sharing what you learn
- Love great products (share with us 3 of your favourite apps, and why)
- Love solving problems, in an analytical and data-driven way
- Are self-motivated and able to work individually (Tip: if you don’t know the above sites, researching is a good idea)
- Passionate, result-oriented and appreciate attention to detail
- Can share at least 3 written pieces (personal blog or professional writing is OK)
- Can demonstrate your language skills and attention to detail by submitting an error-free application.
Huge pluses if:
- You’ve played around with code (HTML, CSS, JS, Java, C++, whatever — tell us which it is!)
- Have relevant work experience
- Speak Cantonese
- Knowledge of graphic design
- Have heard of Buffer (https://blog.bufferapp.com/) and content marketing tools
Hong Kong, Tokyo, Remote OK (with minimum 4-hours co-working)
How to apply?
What else can I do?
Check out the Oursky Blog. Tell us what pieces you like and what ideas you have are to improve it.