at Robo Wunderkind in China: Shenzhen
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer who could help us on a freelance basis.
You will liaise with our team in Shenzhen, China and our R&D team based in Vienna.
- Assisting Manufacturing Engineers and Firmware Engineers to confirm PCB designs for mass production
- Keeping track of changes needed for board revisions
- Redesigning PCBs for mass production
- Review of current PCB designs to evaluate issues, or potential functionality problems
- Creating PCB designs from scratch
- Testing hardware designs and existing hardware to increase lifetime and decrease cost
- Writing and debugging low-level firmware in C
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Previous robotics or prototyping experience
- Organized and a quick learner
- Knowledge about signaling protocols: I2C, SPI, UART
- Knowledge of low-level programming
- Experience with ECAD/EDA software, Altium or EAGLE preferred
- Ability to effectively multi-task with multiple on-going projects
- Experience with board bring-up for prototyping and testing designs
- Ability to test board and system level functionality
- Good English, knowledge of Mandarin is a plus
Our team of talented engineers and designers is changing the way our kids learn programming and robotics.
Robo Wunderkind is the first robot anyone can build.
We are embedding different electronics – sensors/motors/microcontrollers – into the cubes, so that even a 5-year-old child can build its own robot and program it in an app.
“Robo Wunderkind’s Programmable Bricks Are Like Legos That Teach You How To Code” – Techcrunch
Raised $246,612 on Kickstarter from 1,169 backers in 58 countries in 5 weeks.
Robotics Award 2014 from Festo
Startup of the Year in Austria 2015
Techcrunch Disrupt SF 2015, Startup Battlefield Finalist