Spacecraft Software Engineer
at Spire Global Singapore in Singapore
Our satellites listen to the ¾ of Earth neglected by traditional remote sensing. We help you see into the unknown.
Spire is an international nanosatellite-powered data company headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Singapore and Glasgow. We are among the fastest and most innovative in the satellite industry and have been featured in various publications including below:
We are a team of hackers, makers and doers and we are now hiring to fill our dynamic office in Singapore!
Spacecraft Software Engineer
Working on our satellites offers software developers a chance to interact with the fullest of stacks, and this position can be customized to fit a variety of experiences and skill sets. As a Spacecraft Software Developer you will be working on the satellites and their terrestrial communication relays. You will have the opportunity to work on various parts of the stack including:
- Core systems: Design and implement improvements to our onboard power distribution, computation, and comm systems to enhance functionality, usability, robustness, performance, and integrate new technology
- Communications and radio: Leverage innovations in radio design by implementing new communication protocols and integrating new radio hardware
- Ground systems: Update ground systems to support changes over multiple generations of satellites
- Satellite application platform: Build frameworks for the automated execution of work on the satellite to meet customer requirements or changing operational needs
Candidates must have experience with the following:
- Extensive experience with C: interrupt handlers, concurrency, etc.
- Strong Linux skills: extensive CLI/scripting familiarity, kernel mods, drivers, etc.
- Experience with sensor integration over I2C, SPI, CAN, UART, etc.
- Scripting Familiarity: Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- General hardware skills (EE,PCB,PSI)
- Networking (ISO, IP, protocol design)
- Domain Knowledge (ADCS)
- Embedded OS (FreeRTOS, embedded Linux)
- FPGA expertise (verilog, VHDL)
RF programming (SDR, USRP)
The first step in our application process is a challenge, which will be sent to you automatically upon submission of your application. Our motto is ‘show me the data,’ so you’ll have three days to give us your best work on a problem that lets you put your coding skills on display.
From app to offer in two weeks. That is our goal. If we can develop and deliver a satellite in four months, we should be able to hire you quickly as well.
We are a diverse group whose individual passions and skills combine to create one amazing team. Each of us is constantly seeking to improve, whether optimizing our technology or finding a creative way to address customer needs. Learning is core to our culture, so be prepared to challenge yourself. Spire