DevOps Engineer Intern
at Lamplight Analytics in Hong Kong
You enjoy working with a team to solve problems and find better ways of implementing innovative and reliable solutions. You also want to discover the startup life: a small scale team, a very wide scope of actions, a flat hierarchy where your input is always valued and a super cool workplace in a coworking space in Kennedy town hosting other innovative tech startups. Do not wait any longer and APPLY !
How you will help us:
The DevOps Intern provides daily support for a wide range of technical issues, and holds responsibility for the operation and maintenance of cloud servers, software and related infrastructure. He/She will assist our Devops in his everyday tasks such as system monitoring, server maintenance, service deployment and client service support. Other duties may include programming, project management for systems-related projects, troubleshooting/creative problem solving in close cooperation with the development team.
How you’ll grow:
Working in one of the most exciting new tech startups in Asia, you’ll have exposure to some of the latest cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, the MEAN stack, Elasticsearch, Jenkins, Ansible and much more. You’ll work alongside our team and learn from the inside how a startup is working. You will learn how to to deliver an excellent cloud application to our clients and learn to develop your problem solving skills facing day-to-day unexpected events. Moreover, you will have the possibility to deliver on several innovative system-key projects. As you will be working as part of a very small team you will gain an all-round knowledge of many aspects of DevOps and the entire software development lifecycle.
Your life at Lamplight:
- Help to administer cloud servers and infrastructure (web facing production & internal systems)
- Configure environments and implement new technologies to support new product features.
- Increase the security of systems by creating and maintaining appropriate firewalls.
- Monitor and report on throughput, availability, performance and emerging trends, taking steps to anticipate and avoid potential problems
- Work with Development and Account Management to resolve infrastructure related product issues.
- Continuously improve internal processes.
- Provide desktop support for internal users under OS X.
What you need to succeed:
- Know how to program in at least one language (pick one or can be another one): Js, Perl, Python, PHP, Java
- Unix scripting would be a plus
- Knowledge of Unix system (Ubuntu in particular)
- Basic knowledge in computer networking
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Good communication skills and a good team player
- Highly interested about the latest Tech trends
- The will to automate everything !
2 days/week or full time for winter/Summer internship. Possible internship allowance.
Recent jobs at Lamplight Analytics
Graphic Design Intern at Lamplight Analytics Hong Kong
UX Web developer Permanent or Freelance at Lamplight Analytics Hong Kong