Junior Application Support Engineer
at Meltwater in Hong Kong
Do you want to work in a dynamic global organisation, solving interesting real time problems? We are looking for ambitious young professionals to join our application support team in Hong Kong.
The role involves monitoring and diagnosing application and system problems, or issues that are disrupting the application service platform that business users depend on. The job calls for both technical capability and business understanding. Crucially, applications are on production, or live, and issues need immediate attention with early diagnosis and response.
Work within a dynamic, international team to support customers throughout APAC
- Manage, prioritize and troubleshoot a pipeline of tickets, application requests and project activities
- Respond to system generated alerts/escalations relating to any failures on the service platform
- Work with Product Development teams to determine root cause of problems and deliver effective solutions
- Work on projects focused on continuous improvement of the application support model and associated processes
- Document standards, processes and procedures relating to best practices, issues and resolutions.
- Maintain the quality and currency of our media content database
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills. An individual who can work under pressure, communicate effectively and provide alternative solutions is likely to succeed. High calibre new graduates will be considered.
Skills & Requirements
- University degree (computing/engineering related)
- Strong academic results
- Fluent in English and Chinese is a MUST
- SQL/Database experience
- Business awareness
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to empathize with end users and interact with people at all levels throughout the organization.
- Desirable Skills
- Some development skills is a plus (J2EE, Ruby on Rails, PHP etc)
- Familiarity with regular expressions
- Experience with scripting
Candidates must be authorized to work legally in Hong Kong